Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Our Weekend in McCall







The last weekend in May, Kris and I decided to rent our dream bike and ride to McCall for a much needed couples retreat. The bike was beautiful and rode like a dream!










The whole way winding and weaving through the mountains and trees we followed the river. This was only my second time being on this road and it was stunning!










I love being in the open air and feeling the wind on my skin. And with all the flowers and trees in full bloom there were so many appetizing smells to take in.


On the way to McCall, to rest our bums and legs we took a couple breaks. We couldn't have asked for better weather. The most amazing thing I saw were two bald eagles flying along the river. It was beautiful. #propsmomnature
That night for dinner we went to the McCall Brewing Company and ate until we were stuffed.
 The next morning, for breakfast (my favorite meal of the day) we went to the Pancake House. I had the most delicious hot chocolate that reminded me so much of Christmas and the biggest chocolate chip pancake I have ever seen. 
On the way home, again we made a couple rest stops. Crossing this bridge was a trip with the moving water beneath us and us trying to walk a straight line. Let me tell you-it wasn't easy.

My favorite place to be in the world is on a bike behind my husband. The ride and weekend were rejuvenating. Now I'm ready to finish out the school year with a bang!  

No comments:

Post a Comment